LoBiondo Facts

U.S. Representative Frank LoBiondo has painted himself as a moderate. Our mission is to educate the public about his arch conservative voting record and to unseat him in 2006. Our website can be found at www.cpr4nj.org.

Name:
Location: New Jersey, United States

Citizens for Progressive Representation (CPR) is a nonprofit grassroots organization, founded in New Jersey, with a mission to bring truth to politics, to remove targeted incumbents from office, and to elect progressive and socially responsible candidates. Our website is located at www.cpr4nj.org.

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

From a Former Independent

I have been a registered voter for most of my adult life. For the first 30 or so years I was registered as an independent. A few years back, I became so upset by the Republican leadership in our community that I registered as a Democrat. Reading The Press on June 29 made me proud of this decision. On the front page I read that President Bush claims the war in Iraq is worth the sacrifice even though more than 1,700 American lives have been lost with no end in sight. I wonder how he would feel if one of them had been his child? I know the effect it would have on me. I would like one defender of this policy to answer this question: When in the history of the world has a religious war ever been decided by an outsider?Then on page three of The Press, I read an article concerning an energy bill that involves the gasoline additive MTBE. This substance has contaminated drinking water in hundreds of communities. House leaders are insisting on an MTBE waiver giving companies and refiners protection against lawsuits over any damage this product causes. They also want to establish a federal fund for MTBE cleanup along with liability protection for manufacturers. Again the taxpayers will pay so big business can make a profit. Then they will yell, as taxes have to be raised to pay for this option, that the Democrats are the tax-and-spend party.I must admit that I am not a died-in-the-wool Democrat, but the current Republican leadership is not the answer either.

RICHARD MILLER

Egg Harbor Township

Letter Published in Atlantic City Press, July 5, 2005 http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/news/columns/070505LETTERSJULY5.cfm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home