LoBiondo Facts

U.S. Representative Frank LoBiondo has painted himself as a moderate. Our mission is to educate the public about his arch conservative voting record and to unseat him in 2006. Our website can be found at www.cpr4nj.org.

Name:
Location: New Jersey, United States

Citizens for Progressive Representation (CPR) is a nonprofit grassroots organization, founded in New Jersey, with a mission to bring truth to politics, to remove targeted incumbents from office, and to elect progressive and socially responsible candidates. Our website is located at www.cpr4nj.org.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Dems Let Bush Bully Them

I don't always agree with everything Richard Cohen writes, but I wanted to thank him for his March 15 column, “Republicans are distressed now — so where have they been?” I see our country's future in jeopardy, with most of the threat from within. My husband and I worked hard so we could retire owning our own home and with enough savings to be comfortable. All around us I see people who will never be able to do that.I've been a Democrat my whole adult life. I never fell for the right-wing Republicans' efforts to make “liberal” a dirty word. Liberals are responsible for every good social program this country has ever had. I agree with Cohen's question — where have the Republicans been that they are just now becoming distressed? But what I find equally troubling is where have my Democrats been? Why did they allow themselves to be bullied by a president whose ideology is not that of the majority of the American people? When President Bush says he is for clean air and water and helping children and the poor, why didn't the Democrats say, “Great. Now let's write the laws that truly support rather than subvert these efforts”? Why not admit they were wrong and were misled about invading Iraq? Our country is at a crossroads. We are quickly returning to the days of the robber barons, with the super wealthy in control and the rest of us just existing. It appears more and more that our leaders are concerned with perceptions rather than with facts. And Democrats and Republicans alike place being re-elected and maintaining their powerful jobs before the needs of the nation.
BETTIE J. REINA
Milmay
Letter published in Press of Atlantic City, March 22, 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home