LoBiondo Facts

U.S. Representative Frank LoBiondo has painted himself as a moderate. Our mission is to educate the public about his arch conservative voting record and to unseat him in 2006. Our website can be found at www.cpr4nj.org.

Name:
Location: New Jersey, United States

Citizens for Progressive Representation (CPR) is a nonprofit grassroots organization, founded in New Jersey, with a mission to bring truth to politics, to remove targeted incumbents from office, and to elect progressive and socially responsible candidates. Our website is located at www.cpr4nj.org.

Friday, October 13, 2006

Best strategy: vote for change

The Sept. 28 article about Bob Mullock, an independent candidate in the 2nd Congressional District, impressed me for a number of reasons. As a voter, I always considered myself an independent who leaned toward the Democratic Party's philosophy — a bit Republican because of the party's fiscal policies, but also a Democrat because of that party's social policies, as long as they seemed financially feasible. As for the country's security, I believed any national politician would embrace whatever actions are necessary to keep the United States safe. However, those distinctions seem to no longer exist at the national level. The Republican-controlled Congress, along with the president, have abandoned any sense of our country's financial responsibilities. And the Democratic Party has gleefully joined the bash. So I guess you could say that we, the voters, are responsible for the mess. Which brings me back to the independent running against Republican Rep. Frank LoBiondo and Democratic challenger Viola Thomas Hughes. I thought Mullock's position on issues was right on. And I wondered why he wasn't running on one of our major party tickets. I would vote for Mullock under normal circumstances, and essentially throw my vote away as a protest. But these are not normal times. And from my point of view, the only effective strategy is to vote for change. And then do the same thing in the next election. Ed Dean, Somers Point - Published in the Atlantic City Press, October 13, 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home