LoBiondo Facts

U.S. Representative Frank LoBiondo has painted himself as a moderate. Our mission is to educate the public about his arch conservative voting record and to unseat him in 2006. Our website can be found at www.cpr4nj.org.

Name:
Location: New Jersey, United States

Citizens for Progressive Representation (CPR) is a nonprofit grassroots organization, founded in New Jersey, with a mission to bring truth to politics, to remove targeted incumbents from office, and to elect progressive and socially responsible candidates. Our website is located at www.cpr4nj.org.

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Clean campaigns

Fortunately, I have better sources of information about the performance of my congressman and senator than mudslinging ads. I have Project Vote Smart's Voters Self-Defense Manual, the Special 2006 Congressional Report Card of The Reporter of Population Connection and a folder full of letters from U.S. Sen. Robert Menendez, D-Hoboken, on a variety of issues about which I am concerned, all of them positive responses. I will vote for Menendez because his voting record has been excellent on issues that benefit the less advantaged in our society, including the health needs of our seniors -- not the haves and have-mores that President Bush said is his base. I am concerned about the environment that my grandchildren will inherit. I see the Sierra Club approves of the voting record of Menendez, too. Bad enough that my children and grandchildren will inherit the debt the Bush administration is passing on to them, I don't want them to inherit a devastated environment. If you are as tired of the mudslinging as I am, call your congressman and ask him to support H.R. 3099, the Clean Money, Clean Elections Act, which would provide public financing. That money from corporate lobbyists is not free. Elected officials are expected to repay their contributors with legislation, government contracts and other handouts. Let's take back our government. Audrey Burns, Oaklyn - Published in the Courier Post, October 21, 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home