LoBiondo Facts

U.S. Representative Frank LoBiondo has painted himself as a moderate. Our mission is to educate the public about his arch conservative voting record and to unseat him in 2006. Our website can be found at www.cpr4nj.org.

Name:
Location: New Jersey, United States

Citizens for Progressive Representation (CPR) is a nonprofit grassroots organization, founded in New Jersey, with a mission to bring truth to politics, to remove targeted incumbents from office, and to elect progressive and socially responsible candidates. Our website is located at www.cpr4nj.org.

Friday, August 12, 2005

Congressman's Record Needs to be Discussed

Since my letter and the responses to it generated the On the Record "Retaining point-counterpoint aspect of letters" (DJ-8/6), please allow me to say: I am not at all bothered that my name was used by a writer in a subsequent letter, or that he defended Mr. Frank LoBiondo. I join with The Daily Journal in its belief that publication of a readers' forum is a gift of First Amendment expression, and I am thrilled that my letter provoked any discussion at all about our congressman's record to date. Ironically, I met a person recently at my hairdresser's and, not knowing I was the author of the first letter, she happened to remark that there never used to be any opinion letters about LoBiondo, but that recently she had seen a few. As far as Mr. Robert Wolfe's admonition to "Lighten up, Janet" about my concerns about the Holocaust, human rights for detainees in Guantanamo and the pre-emptive war in Iraq, I'm certain that his statement bespeaks more to his ideology than to mine. Thank you again for providing an opportunity for your readers to express their opinions. Now, may we return to substantive issues?
JANET L. FAYTER
Egg Harbor Township
Letter printed in the Daily Journal, August 12, 2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home