LoBiondo Facts

U.S. Representative Frank LoBiondo has painted himself as a moderate. Our mission is to educate the public about his arch conservative voting record and to unseat him in 2006. Our website can be found at www.cpr4nj.org.

Name:
Location: New Jersey, United States

Citizens for Progressive Representation (CPR) is a nonprofit grassroots organization, founded in New Jersey, with a mission to bring truth to politics, to remove targeted incumbents from office, and to elect progressive and socially responsible candidates. Our website is located at www.cpr4nj.org.

Monday, September 11, 2006

Muslim teen: we must stay together

Although I don't know anyone who was a victim of the 9-11 attacks, I felt as if America was the victim. Everyone was affected by the attacks one way or another — white, black, Latinos, Arabs, Asians, Christians, Jews, Muslims. That is the definition of America, isn't it? All united as one, as a whole under one roof. I am now 16 years old. As an American-Egyptian Muslim, I was greatly affected, as was my family. I had thought that in my case especially the aftermath of the attacks would affect me tremendously since I am Middle Eastern as well as Muslim. Thankfully, what I had most feared never occurred. And as these five years have passed, I have come to the realization that regardless of what and who I am, I am still an American, born and raised here. And just as this is every Americans' country, it's mine as well. We have to learn to share it and stand by each other at times when our country is most at need. Whatever the situation may be, we all should come together, even if it's five years after the horrific attacks. It took me a long time to accept the fact that the twin towers really are gone. Maybe because a part of me doesn't want to believe that all those innocent people died. I have always gone by the saying, “Everything happens for a reason.” So far, the Sept. 11 attacks taught us to stick together as one and not let anyone or anything divide such a strong nation. Angie Gad, Egg Harbor Twp Published in the Atlantic City Press, September 11, 2206

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home