LoBiondo Facts

U.S. Representative Frank LoBiondo has painted himself as a moderate. Our mission is to educate the public about his arch conservative voting record and to unseat him in 2006. Our website can be found at www.cpr4nj.org.

Name:
Location: New Jersey, United States

Citizens for Progressive Representation (CPR) is a nonprofit grassroots organization, founded in New Jersey, with a mission to bring truth to politics, to remove targeted incumbents from office, and to elect progressive and socially responsible candidates. Our website is located at www.cpr4nj.org.

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Serve in active duty before judging Kerry

During the past few days, I've stood by watching Sen. Kerry being criticized about his statement made of the education of service members. I am currently finishing my enlistment with the Marine Corps after serving honorably for four years of active duty, and can tell you first-hand that the senator's comments were not to far off from the truth. I've watched National Guard members get upset over the comments for no reason. Of course, most of them have college degrees or are currently enrolled. If they aren't called to active duty, then they serve their one weekend a month and the rest of the time they live a "normal" life. During my four years, I've deployed twice to Iraq and can tell you that between deployments and training, it is hard for someone to start a semester in college and finish. Granted there are members serving full time after they receive their degrees because they choose to do so. I chose to join the military because my family didn't have the money to put me through college. I was sold on the educational benefits that the military sells. Things didn't happen the way I had planned, but I'm not complaining. I'm proud that I was able to serve my country and have no regrets. There are others who joined because, yes, they didn't do well in school and didn't have much of anything going for them. Everyone has his or her own story. Before people start judging the senator, I think they should live the active duty life first. Sgt. Walter Pizarro Jr., United States Marine Corps, Vineland - Daily Journal, November 4, 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home